Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Raw milk and Soda bread in the morning!

Where do I begin? From the moment I arrived I've felt at home. From Gene and Margo's hospitality to the scent, and feel of things.
I spent Monday with Margo shopping in Cork City. I was spun around at first but eventually came to rest. As I looked around and listened I kept thinking: 

"There goes my brother, my sister, and he looks just like my cousin too!"

After some bank business we began in the English Market. ...and the smells! My nose had a field day! We shopped for clothes and gifts and talked and chatted until finally we stopped back to the Market for evening food. 

I had spotted raw milk the first time through so I asked Margo if she wouldn't mind my buying a bottle. It took a little bit to find the stall I was plesently surprised to meet a "Mary Walsh" the spitting image of my Ma! 

I am sitting here now in the kitchen this morning savoring raw milk and soda bread. I have come home and gone to heaven at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment